Star Lounger
    Thanks

Send DOC or Text File To iPhone For One Button Access?

This may be the wrong place to post this but it's been driving me NUTS as long as I've had any kind of mobile phone.

What I have done for 20 years is keep an outline document of my 'todos'. For a decade I did this in a program called 'Grandview'. For the past decade I've used Word... not as good, but OK. What I like about them is that they are totally free form. I just type my list.

What I would -like- to do is, once a day or so, hit a button on my iPhone 4 and magically, that list would appear on my iPhone as an 'app' button. I click the button and I see my updated 'todo' list.

I have tried DOZENS of apps like Wunderlist and I HATE them. Too structured. Too slow. And you have to 'sign in'. I've tried using Google Docs and again... SLoooooooow.... because it's in the cloud.

All I want is a way to send a few thousand bytes of text to my phone and be able to see it when I press ONE button. It could even be read-only as I don't really need to 'update' it on my phone.

I haven't found an app that will send 'notes' from the iPhone to MS Word... or my PC in -any- format with that one button access.

So... is there such an animal?

TIA,

---JC

Thanks
    I believe that there are two things that you can do to make this happen.

1. Subscribe to a cloud service. Make your phone and your computer members of the cloud. (You may already be doing this.)

2. Install a Word editor on your iPhone. Here is one that may work for you: http://gizmodo.com/5291311/at-last-m...in-the-iphone/
    (I have never used this app, but it looks like what you need.)

Or, you could use Microsoft Office Web Apps to read your to-do list on the phone: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/of...in=HA103787373

Or, you could get Microsoft Office 365 for your phone.

If you keep the to-do list in your cloud folder, the newest version of the document will always be on your phone and on your computer. This means that whenever you make changes to the one on your computer, the changes will be immediately sent to the copy on your phone.

I'm not sure how to click on the document and get it to open with Word on your iPhone.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. But... you lost me at 'cloud'. That's exactly what I do NOT want to do. There are -way- too many places I go where the internet connection is crap. I may be the last old fart out there who wants this but I just want to -transfer- text.

RANT:What kills me is that, if this were a picture, I'd know -exactly- what to do. They've made transferring audio and video super easy, but something as simple as a text file is like Apollo 13.

Anyone else?

---JC