Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Printer Draft Mode
2013-12-24, 20:03 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2005
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Printer Draft Mode
Enjoyed/learned from Fred Langa's recent column about the high price of print cartridges. His advice suggests the advantage of using "draft mode", but I can't find/figure out how to do that on my Brother HL4570CDW color laser printer, either from the Brother site or elsewhere. Many print preference options are offered, but I can't tell which one(s), if any, will do the trick. Help will be much appreciated.
2013-12-25, 11:58 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2004
- Manning, South Carolina
- Thanked 1,441 Times in 1,314 Posts
I don't have that particular printer but I do have a Brother 5370DW Mono laser. I found 2 settings that can save toner.
One is the DPI setting the other is the Toner Save Mode setting.
To get to these settings you need to open Devices and Printers. You can get there in all versions of windows via the Control Panel.
- Right-Click on your printer name.
- Select Printer Properties.
- Select Adjust Printer Options.
- Click the Paper/Quality Tab.
- Click the Advanced... button.
- Change the desired settings and OK you way out.