New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 8.1: Store Apps Not Displaying In Metro

After upgrading to 8.1 last night, I had a bunch of apps needing to be repaired, such as Mail and Calendar. It looks like other default apps like Skype are corrupt too and need to be repaired. When I try to install new apps, like Wikipedia or Facebook, they'll launch after being freshly installed with the shortcut that pops up at the top-right of the screen. However, they are not searchable in Metro. Apps do display in Windows PowerShell. Any idea on how to get my Metro apps to be searchable so I can launch them?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Try the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It found permissions problems but still hasn't corrected the problem. Some apps already installed still can't be installed, and apps reinstalled yield the same problem.

Thanks