Star Lounger
    Thanks

C:\users\ name wrong

Dear Forum members, I need some help please. Toshiba Laptop( win 8 ) present to my son bought as a demo from Walmart seems to have been used prior by someone else. The C:\User\ folder has the name Vanessa. Dated Sept 2013. The prior owner part is OK with him. I would like to change the folder name in C:\user\ his name. In searching the web it seems to be very difficult to do. Some suggestions talk about going to the Microsoft Account to make the change. What is The Microsoft account? I am not familiar with that at all. I am using Win 7. what I like to do is to change the name in Windows Explorer to read C:\ user\ his name. That is all. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Regards Peter

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Peter,

The easiest thing to do is to create a new account (make sure it's an ADMIN account).
    Sign into the new account. (Logoff of the Vanessa account 1st).
    Transfer any data from the old account to the Documents folder of the new account. (It wouldn't be a bad idea to copy the Documents folder contents to a USB key or USB HD before starting just in case!).
    Delete the Vanessa account.
    Done.
    HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much. Will do as stated. Regards Peter