Lounger
    Thanks

Macrium Reflect File and Folder Backup

I have Macrium Reflect v5 Standard License, that I purchased last week. I decided that I would give 'File and folder backup' a try, and backup 'My Documents' folder that resides on a second hard drive. I made the choice to Save the backup as an XML Backup Definition File. Everything seemed to go well, and a XML shortcut was put on my desktop. I right clicked to run a backup and got this error: Backup aborted - XML validation error. 'Backup.xml' not found. The iniial backup was successful, but to re-run with the XML file is a no-go. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Jkitc,

I don't believe you can execute the .xml files directly you need to create a batch file to do the job as shown below:
    MacriumBatchFile.JPG
    HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Jkitc,

I don't believe you can execute the .xml files directly you need to create a batch file to do the job as shown below:
    MacriumBatchFile.JPG
    HTH
    What is the value then of the XML file on my desktop?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    The XML file is just a definition of the backup, but you need to save it somewhere and the Desktop is as good as anywhere - although I personally use a "Backup" folder under My Documents for such things, then it's automatically included in backups.

cheers, Paul

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    The XML file is just a definition of the backup, but you need to save it somewhere and the Desktop is as good as anywhere - although I personally use a "Backup" folder under My Documents for such things, then it's automatically included in backups.

cheers, Paul
    Thanks Paul, that is a very good idea. I did that and put a shortcut of the folder in 'Start' Menu.