4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macrium Reflect Urgent

Does Macrium Reflect Standard edition work with both 32 bit and 64 bit machines, or are there separate versions?

I was just about to order the 4 Pack, when it occurred to me that having one 64 bit and two 32 bit PCs might mean that I’m only able to use two copies at the most, or just the one if used on the major machine.

I’ve sent an email to Paragon Software, but it response was just a ‘we will reply ASAP’, probably in the New Year, and the 30% saving ends today. After some searching a phone number was found, but there was no reply – either they are partying or have gone home.

Hopefully all the Macrium users who know the answer have not signed off for 2013.

Thank you, and a Happy New Year.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,063 Posts
    In Macrium's documentation, there is absolutely no reference to the issue and I would be surprised if they needed different versions. 64 bit went mainstream with Windows 7, so x64 support is of the utmost importance. All the other "main" competitors offer no distinction either.

Additionally, you are safe even if you don't like the software for that or any other reason, considering their unconditional guarantee: "All purchases come with an unconditional guarantee. If you are not satisfied with one of our software products, contact us within 30 days for instructions on obtaining a refund."

Happy New Year.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

georgelee (2013-12-31)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Rui,
    I bought the Macrium Pro 4 pack in the end.

You were correct about 32 bit and 64 bit, as I was showing my wife an email from last week where for £25 one could buy 10 square foot of Scotland, along with the title deeds and obtain the title Lord, Laird or Lady. She wasn’t interested, but I noticed there was another reply from Paramount, so somebody was still working. You both replied about the same time.

The 4 pack provides 4 licences, and each can download 32 bit or 64 bit. It even explains how to deal with upgrading to 64 bit, but not with the question of whether it was possible to upgrade by adding the licence key to the free version - it was necessary to join their forum to get an answer to that. No such luck, one must download and install all over again. Ah, well!
    George

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by georgelee View Post
    Thanks Rui,
    I bought the Macrium Pro 4 pack in the end.

You were correct about 32 bit and 64 bit, as I was showing my wife an email from last week where for £25 one could buy 10 square foot of Scotland, along with the title deeds and obtain the title Lord, Laird or Lady. She wasn’t interested, but I noticed there was another reply from Paramount, so somebody was still working. You both replied about the same time.

The 4 pack provides 4 licences, and each can download 32 bit or 64 bit. It even explains how to deal with upgrading to 64 bit, but not with the question of whether it was possible to upgrade by adding the licence key to the free version - it was necessary to join their forum to get an answer to that. No such luck, one must download and install all over again. Ah, well!
    George
    Glad you got it as you wanted it, George .

Those title deeds are fun. I actually "knew" someone living on public money who proudly used her "Lady" title, having purchased a few feet of Scottish land in such a way. The really amusing thing is that the person used it in a serious manner .

Happy New Year.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    George,

Could you PM me with the link to the site to buy a piece of Scotland? We're visiting next may and it would be a kick to give my wife a piece of Scotland and a Title for our Anniversary.

Happy New Year!
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    George,

Could you PM me with the link to the site to buy a piece of Scotland? We're visiting next may and it would be a kick to give my wife a piece of Scotland and a Title for our Anniversary.

Happy New Year!
    So does that mean we will need to call you Lord Retired Geek from then on (not that it would be unmerited anyway )?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Rui,

No you're a "Good Buddy" you can call me LRG.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Rui,

No you're a "Good Buddy" you can call me LRG.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Buying a bit of land doesn't give you entitlement to be called a lord unfortunately, anyway you're an American, I thought you didn't hold with such things!

Reminds of an old Goons sketch (or was it a Milligan joke?).

Sergeant Major (to Milligan): What's your name soldier?
    Milligan: Field Marshall Milligan
    SM: What, you've only been in the army three days, and you're a field marshall already?
    M: That's my name, Filed Marshall Milligan.

It's much funnier in the original.

So just call yourself Lord Retired Geek, no one will know!