Thread: Offline Files

Thanks

Offline Files

I'm still trying to figure out how this works.
    I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use that is in SkyDrive. I can access it either from my phone of course or from my RT tablet.
    I will be out and about today and want to access that spreadsheet from my tablet. The places that I am going have poor to almost non useable WiFi, and of course I do not have 4G connectivity on my tablet. So how the heck does this work?
    Do I need to put the spreadsheet on my desktop, or can I access it directly from SkyDrive. How does it sync. The articles I've read, just don't seem to make it clear, at least not to me. I know that it can be that hard to understand, but for the life of me I'm just not grasping it.

Windows 8.1 RT
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Use "Make offline" for that file on the tablet before you go: Getting to files when you’re offline

Bruce

Thanks
    Thanks Bruce. that answers the main question, but then as usual it brought up a few more in my feeble mind. those however I was able to think and ply my way through them. Wouldn't it be cool too, to be able to make the SkyDrive files on my laptop (if I didn't have a tablet) available off line too.

One last question then I'll quit bugging you about this.
    If I have an iPad, or an Android table would I still be able to do the offline Thing with SkyDrive ?
    Last edited by t8ntlikly; 2014-01-02 at 10:47.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)