Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Question What is iSync Conduit and do I need it?

Just cleaned Sweetpacks conduit browser hijacker from our laptop and Chrome. It had infected our PC earlier (and been removed, thanks to the Lounge), but just to be safe, I used Ultra File Search Lite to search for any remaining conduit bits.

It came up with several hits, which seem to be Apple and/or app related (see attached screenshot).

Can a Lounger tell me if these are good files I should keep or bad ones that need to be deleted? I do have an iphone 4 which I have "synced" to our PC in the past. Thought they might be related to that. Weird thing, however, is that Google search for "isync conduit" suggested it was a Palm OS thing.

I'm totally confused but will hold off doing anything further until the cavalry arrives (that's this Lounge!!).

Thanks for any suggestions,

Linda
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Linda,

A quick google seems to indicate that this is software for a Palm device. Do you still have an old Palm Pilot? HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, and thanks RG: that's what my Google-ing revealed as well. What's strange is that I've never had a Palm Pilot, just the iPhone.

Linda

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    An update: after reading Retired Geek and doing some more thinking, thought I'd search again but this time specify lower case "c" on "conduit". The screen shots' Conduits were all upper case.

This time, zero hits. So my guess is that the files don't relate to that browser hijacker, a good thing. Does this make sense?

Only question now is still are these files needed or should I just delete them. The one that concerns me is that big Apple/Mobile Device file. It looks like a backup or something needed for my iPhone.

Will leave them alone until I hear back ... and thanks.

Linda