New Lounger
    Thanks

Alphabetizing Imported Address Book (98/2000)

Our company has always had a combination of MS Mail and Internet Mail at our Corporate Office. This gave everyone a centrally maintained Post Office Address List for all the Corporate employees who have email, and their own Personal Address Book for any additional Internet email addresses they wanted to add. However, we are switching over to Internet-only mail. In order to make the switch more convenient for everyone, we have put together a .WAB file containing all the Corporate email addresses, and are importing that into everyone's Personal Address Book. The PABs have always maintained email addresses in alphabetical order according to display name. However, since we imported the additional addresses, they are not in alphabetical order. As you add new addresses, they just go to the bottom of the list. This makes it hard to search the addresses book for a name that starts with a certain letter, as the program stops on the first instance of that letter, and will not search any further.

Does anyone know of a way to get the Personal Address Book in Outlook 98/2000 to alphabetize? Thanks in advance. I aprreciate any help with this.

MCT

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Alphabetizing Imported Address Book (98/2000)

Word to the wise - you probably should be using the Outlook Address Book, not PAB. I've heard in several places that the PAB is likely to go away. But either way, if you go Tools menu | Services you should see an address book entry listed. Click on it then click the properties button.

Also, you can always click a column heading to sort by that column.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Alphabetizing Imported Address Book (98/2000)

I recently switched from Corporate-Workgroup mode to Internet Mail Only mode in Outlook 2000. Now when I send e-mail, the TO list is only alphabetized by first then last. I need (badly!) last then first. I have everything "filed as" COMPANY, LAST, FIRST. I know that in C-W I could adjust the Services tab...but in IMO, there is only Accounts with nothing to set!
    <font color=blue>Eric A. Spanitz</font color=blue>
    Quality, Project, Management * Training * Consulting
    http://www.spanitz.com * http://www.synergest.com