Star Lounger
    Thanks

Java update pop up problem

Hi all,
    Recently I have been playing poker using Google/Facebook/Zynga. I am running Windows 8.1. I have been getting a pop up wanting me to update Java, but it is already updated. It keeps popping up every 20mins or so. I have two problems:
    1) I clicked on the "update" the first time it came up and now I have a search engine called "snap" which I can not get rid of. Any suggestions? I have run reimage and regzook with no result.
    2) How do I set Google and IE to stop this pop up?
    TX Casso

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply Bruce. Yes it is Snap.do. I have looked for it in the control panel Uninstall Software but can't find it under the name of Snap.do the Resoft Ltd. I may have stumbled on Resoft.Ltd yesterday when I uninstalled any programs installed on the said date (7-1-13 in Australia). I am going to follow the procedure ouitlined in the link you supplied and will advise.
    This problem started when I clicked on what appeared to be a screen for downloading a Java update. What was happening: Whilst playing poker using Google or IE the Java Update screen would suddenly appear, replacing the Zynga Poker Screen (and loosing all my hard earned play money). I thought it was a legitimate site but obviously Snap.do came with it. Interestingly after I had completed the Java "update" the same "Java update" screen kept coming up every 15mins or so. How can I stop this from happening?
    Hope I haven't been too confusing....
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by casso; 2014-01-08 at 15:11.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    HI Bruce,
    I've just completed the guide as per the link you provided. Being 10 pages long and having 5 steps it does take some time; however it is well worth the time as not only does it seem I have banished Snap.do, there were other ?'s that were located and deleted also. I tried to post my thanks on the said site, however they wanted too much information so I let it ride and "liked" it on Facebook.
    Thanks again for your assistance. I highly recommend the above link for anybody having problems as it not only applied to Snap.do but all Adware and malware problems.
    Happy 2014 to all,
    Casso