Star Lounger
    Thanks

Java update pop up problem

Hi all,
    Recently I have been playing poker using Google/Facebook/Zynga. I am running Windows 8.1. I have been getting a pop up wanting me to update Java, but it is already updated. It keeps popping up every 20mins or so. I have two problems:
    1) I clicked on the "update" the first time it came up and now I have a search engine called "snap" which I can not get rid of. Any suggestions? I have run reimage and regzook with no result.
    2) How do I set Google and IE to stop this pop up?
    TX Casso

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply Bruce. Yes it is Snap.do. I have looked for it in the control panel Uninstall Software but can't find it under the name of Snap.do the Resoft Ltd. I may have stumbled on Resoft.Ltd yesterday when I uninstalled any programs installed on the said date (7-1-13 in Australia). I am going to follow the procedure ouitlined in the link you supplied and will advise.
    This problem started when I clicked on what appeared to be a screen for downloading a Java update. What was happening: Whilst playing poker using Google or IE the Java Update screen would suddenly appear, replacing the Zynga Poker Screen (and loosing all my hard earned play money). I thought it was a legitimate site but obviously Snap.do came with it. Interestingly after I had completed the Java "update" the same "Java update" screen kept coming up every 15mins or so. How can I stop this from happening?
    Hope I haven't been too confusing....
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by casso; 2014-01-08 at 16:11.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    HI Bruce,
    I've just completed the guide as per the link you provided. Being 10 pages long and having 5 steps it does take some time; however it is well worth the time as not only does it seem I have banished Snap.do, there were other ?'s that were located and deleted also. I tried to post my thanks on the said site, however they wanted too much information so I let it ride and "liked" it on Facebook.
    Thanks again for your assistance. I highly recommend the above link for anybody having problems as it not only applied to Snap.do but all Adware and malware problems.
    Happy 2014 to all,
    Casso