New Lounger
    Thanks

logging out of one gmail account and into another on the same pc

My wife and I share our home PC, but we can't figure out how to do this. We're not concerned about security since the PC is ours, however she has emails on her gmail that has attachments that we need to access asap and we're not having any luck. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

I suggest you each use a different web browser for GMail, it should work fine that way, no need to log out either. Perhaps Google's Chrome would be a good choice, Firefox/Pale Moon or Opera should also work fine.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I'll assume you're accessing your gmail through a web browser and not an email client program.

Gmail's web interface allows you to be logged into multiple gmail accts at the same time and quickly switch back and forth between them. While logged into your gmail acct, click on your profile pic in the upper right corner of the page. In the drop-down box, click the "Add account" button. Enter your wife's username and password, and you'll be taken to her inbox.

Anytime you want to switch accounts, click the profile pic in the upper right corner and choose the other account.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes and yes, and, it's been alluded to, use a client to do all that ahead of time, then each of your email accounts will be automatically logged into and downloaded from each account and just be there, waiting for your pleasure.