2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Stopping Visio from opening drawing window

Hi folks,
    I have a new compound shape sent to me and am replacing all the simple boxes with this one, and cutting and pasting the text from one to the other. Problem: every time I double click the compound shape it opens in a new window. If I have to go back to the other to capture other text, I have to close that window and reopen it. Simple shapes don't behave this way: you click, you edit. Does anyone have a way to disable this behavior? It's going to ruin my day.
    thanks!

Naomi

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Naomi,
    We specialize in Visio. There could be several reasons for the behavior you describe. If you'd like me to investigate, please send me a drawing (to "info at visimation dot com") containing what you are referring to as a "compound shape" so I can look into it. I'm guessing you mean a "grouped" shape since "compound" is not a term in Visio.

Regards,
    Brett Newman
    Visimation Inc.