New Lounger
    Thanks

Inherited database

I inherited a database(Access 2007) (among others..) in a new database manager position I am in. I was asked to fix something in a table, i did, but it didn't work and it's more complex than I thought. I need to edit the switchboard, but for some reason I can't get in ( I think what I really have to do is try to get into the macro, but I don't have 'exclusive rights' to it)..it's one of those databases if someone is using it, it's hard to do anything..ugh. So, I made a copy of everything and moved it to my local drive. I don't consider myself an expert (I think there is always room to learn everything), but I am not a beginner at this either..LOL How can I edit the switchboard menu? Also, I need to make it so the switchboard can once again open on default, but the 'file' isn't there. Help... (I hope I made sense..I have been at this for hours..) Does it show? LOL
    Last edited by lablover54; 2014-01-09 at 16:37.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Hi and welcome to the Lounge.

The switchboard can be set to open automatically from Options, Current Database and then choose the Switchboard as the Display Form. I am stating this, but I am running Access 2013, so can't guarantee the options are similar for 2007.

I suppose you have tried the switchboard manager? There is also a Switchboard items table, but that may be harder to mess with without wrecking something.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah, was able to do that and then went to option to click on 'show everything' and it did (now able to go through the switchboard). Still trying to understand everything in that database (it goes back to 2004!).

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Ok, glad you sorted it. Good luck with the database.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks..I am trying to see if calls up a certain email application..maybe..we will see. LOL

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

Are you still stuck on certain things with the inherited database?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    No thanks!!