Lounger
    Thanks

Importing Files to KeePass

I switched to KeePass some time ago because Pass Word Safe would no longer store new entries. After I installed KeePass I noticed on the website instructions on importing files from other password programs. I didn't think the instructions were very clear, but I was able to import my entire file from Pass Word Safe to KeePass. I was attacked by a virus that insisted on $100.00 to get my computer back. Instead I did a complete reinstall of Windows 7. I have retrieved everything except KeePass. (Please don't remind me that I could have backed it up, I don't want to think about the stupidity of that error.) I re-installed KeePass, but I haven't been able to import the Password Safe file this time. "KeePass 2.x features a generic CSV importer" it says on the website. The instructions stop at 'File-> 'import' and choose 'Generic CSV Importer'. I have tried a variety of things to complete the task, without sucsess. I tried the "XML Option", but the downloaded XML file disappeared into a Temporary Internet File that this time I have been unable to retrieve. I want to complete this task because (a) I need the KeePass password safe and (b) I want to have the pleasure of backing it up on a dedicated flash drive so I will never have this problem again. Help will be appreciated.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    What format is the Password Safe data?
    If it's a PS database you need to use PS to export it to XML or CSV.
    If it's a CSV KeePass will allow you to select what column is what value.

A sample of the data format will help us work out what you need - munge the data first, of course.

cheers, Paul