New Lounger
    Thanks

Configuration of Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 ( Home 64 Edition)

Wy wife and I have used Outlook 2007 successfully on Windows XP for some 7 years and have just installed the Microsoft office 2007 Student edition Pro
    onto 2 laptops running Windows 2007 Premium home 64 ( Acer and Samsung)
    Whilst we can get Outlook to see our ISP suoplier ( BT Internet ) and can receive e mails we cannot then delete unwanted e mails ( they simply " strike through" and stay put. The e mails also fail to " drag and drop" into prepared folders )
    What simple set up have we missed in Windows 7?
    I have the original Micirsoft Office 2007 dummies book and Woody's Windows 7 bible but cannot find the obvious differnece to XP anywhere.
    Any Window 7 users also using Outlook 2007 who might give us some guidance please?

Thanks
    How have you set up your email account within Outlook?

This sounds like you are using an IMAP connection rather than POP3 which would work the way you expect.

ETA: Welcome to the lounge!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome although the (new?) way the lounge works seems to be somewhat bugridden as It has taken me 5 minutes to get back to this thread.System wouldn't recognise my log in

At the risk of exposing total ignorance - IMAP vs POP3 ??
    Recognise the terms ( but never had to diferentiate before) ,I have seen a reference to IMAP timeout on Win7 in Outlook so I suspect you are correct
    BUT key issue is , how do i get the correct POP3 configuration ( not IMAP) and why was this a non issue in XP? Is this in the Woody Win 7 bible or where do I find a step by step set up?
    Thanks for your patience!