2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901

I am having a problem with my Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901. I have been using it wirelessly with no problem until recently. I tried to print a document and the progress stalled partway through without ever beginning the actual print. Or, the print sits in que without doing anything and then when I cancel the print it acts like it's going to print and then doesn't before it finally cancels. When I try to uninstall the program in the conventional way through the control panel, it tells me the printer is in use. I unplugged the printer and rebooted and still get the same message. Sometimes I see another copy of the printer installed and there IS a document in que that I can't cancel because a message I get says the printer is not connected. Ugh! I just want to wipe it all out and start over but I can't find anything on the Lexmark web site to help me do that. Not sure you can help me get rid of every trace of the Lexmark driver so I can reinstall but thought I'd give it a try. Thanks!

Thanks
    Try removing the printer in Windows -- in Windows 7, choose Start / Devices and Printers. Right-click on the printer, then choose Remove Device.

After doing that, choose Start / Control Panel / Programs and Features. If you see your printer's software listed, right-click on it, then choose Uninstall/Change.

After doing that, choose Start / Computer. Browse to the Lexmark folder. See if there is an uninstall program for your printer. If there is, run it.

After doing all of the above, reboot the computer. Now reinstall the printer software, and set up your printer again.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    First of all, thank you for helping me get to the point where I could actually uninstall the software completely, something I was unable to accomplish before following your directions. Everything worked perfectly uninstalling and reinstalling, until it came to the point of asking if I wanted to update the firmware. Then I got a message saying "Communication with the printer is currently not available. Make sure printer is online and communicating." I really didn't want to update the firmware since I've heard negative experiences in doing so. So I went to Word to see if I could print a document. The printer icon info at the bottom right on my screen showed it was printing, but stalled at the end and nothing printed. I was able to cancel the print, but now don't know where to go with this. The wireless hookup appeared to connect and it found the address during setup. I have another PC hooked up to the printer by USB and I can print from it without a problem Please advise.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Lexmark Pinnacle pro 901 & 905

I am having a similar problem at two different locations with Lexmarks pro901 & pro905 printers. When I send a .jpg to the printer it prints, but if I send a second .jpg to the printer you can hear the printer start to feed paper then it stops. The printer icon appears in the lower right side of the task bar. If I click on this icon the printer window opens and states that the second job is printing (nothing is happening). If you highlight the print job and click on delete all print jobs it indicated it is deleting the job, but nothing happens. It is like the task of printing freezes. I have tried stopping the print spooler and restarting it, nothing happens. The only thing that works is restarting the computer. Then the printer icon is no longer on the task bar.

Things I have tried to do are: deleting the printer and re-installing it (I also uninstalled all the software on the computer affiliated with the printer when I did this) , upgrading the firmware (this had already been done), setting up the printer as a wireless printer, setting up the printer as a network printer, setting up the printer so it plugged into one computer with a USB cable, as stated above stopping the print spooler, turning the printer off and on between each file I was trying to print.

After each of these changes I tried printing two .jpg files one right after the other. The same thing happened every time, the first file printed and the second one hung up. I tried all of these with both of the printers and have had the same results. One of the printers is my neighbors, the other one is on a small network (15 computers) at a computer society where I volunteer my time.

Both computers have Windows 7 Professional 64 bit operating systems on them.

Any help or advice would be appreciated with this.

Thanks

Thanks
    One thing to keep in mind, which may or may not help you to solve this particular problem:

There are two types of wireless printing:

(1) The printer and the computer are both connected wirelessly to the router, or the printer is wireless and the computer is wired. But the point is that all devices are connected to the router, and they all communicate with each other through the router, not directly with each other.

(2) The computer connects directly to the printer wirelessly; the router is not involved in the process.

The simplest and most common way to do it is (1). Also, it makes it really simple for more than one computer to print to the one printer.

If you are using method (2), perhaps you should try method (1) instead.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm having the exact same problem you are having with printing from BOTH of my two Sony VAIO laptops to my Lexmark Interact S605 printer. I have read all the threads reference your original post and I have successfully "uninstalled" AND "reinstalled" my Lexmark printer software wirelessly, updated all Lexmark S605 firmware and software to the latest versions and both laptops are communicating wirelessly with my S605 printer through my Linksys E3000 router, but I still have the printing problem exactly as you describe with your Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901. I know for a fact that both laptops and my router are working flawlessly, but the problem persists. I am using Windows 7 Pro (64bit) OS. Is it possible that this problem is a Windows update problem?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Being that the problem came "out of the blue", it sounds like a possibility. But I would have no idea how to know for sure and/or how to undo it. I surely hope someone has a solution.
    Last edited by k32rem; 2014-01-23 at 20:56.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello: K32rem, Mike Seiler, and Bluegrass

In regards to: Inconsistent Printing or Print Failure with Microsoft Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit) Operating Systems

Please see Document ID: S07483 at Lexmark Support.

Hope that helps.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockE For This Useful Post:

Bluegrass (2014-02-07),k32rem (2014-02-26),SarbaGuha (2014-04-12)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I want to sincerely thank RockE!! The Lexmark Support Document/Fix that RockE pointed me to, works flawlessly!! My printer problems have finally been fixed after weeks of trials and tribulations. Thanks again RockE!

Quote Originally Posted by RockE View Post
    Hello: K32rem, Mike Seiler, and Bluegrass

In regards to: Inconsistent Printing or Print Failure with Microsoft Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit) Operating Systems

Please see Document ID: S07483 at Lexmark Support.

Hope that helps.

Lounger
    Thanks
    You're welcome Bluegrass. Glad the link helped.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I ended up reformatting my hard drive for various other reasons and when I reinstalled my printer the issue was solved. However, it didn't want to print again the other night and I unplugged it and plugged it back in and my document printed. So maybe my problem was simpler than Bluegrass'. Regardless, I printed the document from the link you posted for future reference. Thanks for all your help! You guys never fail to come up with a solution for anything I throw out there. Kudos!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks very much RockE.

I read through all the Links and realized that I was having the same problem as many others here. In fact, I had already started my search for a New Printer, assuming that my Lexmark-901 was irreparable (after only two and a half years).

Then I came across your Document S07483, with full Link given.

Who would have thought that such a simple piece of information would solve my problem of a month or more. I think it started when I had to "re-install" Win-7 on my computer for some reason a couple of months ago. Something must have gotten reset at that time. I realized it after my first few tries at printing something. I was solving the problem by re-booting the computer every time, just to clear the print queue!

Had I not noticed this discussion, I would have had to go and buy a brand new printer for absolutely nothing.

Thanks, Thanks, THANKS to everyone on this forum for explaining this problem and of course to RockE for solving it for all of us.