New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Cannot upgrade to Win 8.1 via Windows Store

The Store requests that I have to log in as an administrator. I am already logged in as an administrator. I even tried creating another administrator account. I received the same message. I would like to get this resolved.(

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Are you logged into your computer w/ a MS Acc't, as opposed to a Local Acc't? Hard for me to offer a solve from this vantage point and from the info you give but, if you can't resolve this, let me know. I'll give you a phone # for Microsoft and they will help you overcome this so you can have the Upgrade. It would be a N/C call.

Cheers,
    Drew

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My HP notebook updated through Auto Updates without any hassle. If you are set to Auto Update - allow All updates to install prior to W8.1 and it goes sweet as. My main Desktop did exactly the same thing - from W8 Pro to W8.1 - no problems.

Thanks
    Actually, in addition to securing all WU up to & prior to Windows 8.1...

Make sure the Windows 8.0 machine is clean & healthy. Absolutely, do this BEFORE migrating to the Upgrade of Windows 8.1
    Back up an Image of the Windows 8.0 and or, @ the very least, any critical data BEFORE the migration.

In itself, the install or transition to 8.1 is, indeed, a cinch.

Certainly, most people will, already, be on Windows 8.1 by now.

Cheers,
    Drew
    290_Windows8_1.jpg