New Lounger
    Thanks

Moved to a new server just in time

Just wanted to post this somewhere.

I had a HP EX470 MediaServer running Windows Home Server V1 at my small business for several years, and it worked great. Found a good used Dell 840 Server on Craigslist cheap, and decided to move my data to it using Windows Home Server 2011. I set it up and over a period of couple of weeks moved all the data and the computer over to it.

On the big day, after I moved everything over, I shut both off and moved the new server to the space that was occupied by the EX470. Powered up the new server and all was good. I decided to boot up the old server to check one thing, and it would not power up at all. It appears that the power supply went south.

So Happy that I mad the switch....

Keith

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    That's like doing a complete system backup right before your hard drive crashes!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am so happy for u! There is no feeling like that particular moment u realized wow.... i am that good!! hehehe..

Thanks
    Surely it was under warranty and the engineer would just slot in a new power supply?
    BATcher

If it wasn't for the weather, Great Britain would be a silent nation.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    Surely it was under warranty and the engineer would just slot in a new power supply?
    Very unlikely it was under warranty. It was initially released in August 2007. Last software update from HP in March 2010.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    It is an non-standard power supply,