Thanks

Showing Favorites toolbar on IE 11

I would like to have the favorites bar show on I.E. 11 on the start menu version I thought by chance maybe enabling it on the desktop version would work but, but no joy.

John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I don't believe there is currently any way to permanently display a favorites bar in Metro IE11, although it has been requested: IE 11 Metro windows 8.1 Favorites bar.

However, you can use Tools, Options to Always display address bar and tabs, and then it only takes a single click on the star icon to display the favorites bar.

Bruce

Thanks
    Yes, I looked at that but that is not quite what I need / want....... For now I just added one of the "favorites" to the start menu and will work with that until 10 comes out. Hopefully it will be in there...GO SEAHAWKS!
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    What you can do is put a Favorites toolbar in the Taskbar. Right click on the Taskbar and choose Toolbar>New Toolbars. Navigate to C:\Users\yourname. Highlight Favorites and click Select Folder. It will appear on the right hand side of the Taskbar. You can also create a shortcut in the Task bar using:-

C:\Windows\explorer.exe C:\Users\yourname\Favorites as the destination and dragging it into the Taskbar from the Desktop then deleting the Desktop icon.

If you use a browser other than IE, you will need to use the appropriate file path.
    Last edited by Calimanco; 2014-11-23 at 11:05.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco View Post
    What you can do is put a Favorites toolbar in the Taskbar. Right click on the Taskbar and choose Toolbar>New Toolbars. Navigate to C:\Users\yourname. Highlight Favorites and click Select Folder. It will appear on the right hand side of the Taskbar. You can also create a shortcut in the Task bar using:-

C:\Windows\explorer.exe C:\Users\yourname\Favorites as the destination and dragging it into the Taskbar from the Desktop then deleting the Desktop icon.
    But those would only apply to Metro IE if you also set Internet Options, Programs, to open links Always in Internet Explorer (i.e. metro, not desktop).

Thanks
    But those would only apply to Metro IE if you also set Internet Options, Programs, to open links Always in Internet Explorer (i.e. metro, not desktop).

That's true. However, if you are still opening Windows at the Metro screen, you obviously wouldn't see them at all. You can put a tile on the Metro screen easily enough though. Find the folder, right click and click on Pin to Start. The folder still opens on the Desktop so using the Metro version of IE would seem to be redundant. MS would appear to agree as its been buried in W10 for non touchscreen PCs.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco View Post

That's true. However, if you are still opening Windows at the Metro screen, you obviously wouldn't see them at all. You can put a tile on the Metro screen easily enough though. Find the folder, right click and click on Pin to Start. The folder still opens on the Desktop so using the Metro version of IE would seem to be redundant. MS would appear to agree as its been buried in W10 for non touchscreen PCs.
    If only desktop IE is used then no workaround is necessary to display a favorites bar.