Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm looking forward to what you learn from MS.

I am disappointed that they didn't really document how Java handling changed with IE11, at least as far as I can tell. That you need admin rights to use it (at least part of the time) seems both absurd and dangerous, but they may feel it adds security - or discourages use of Java. It would help, however, if they properly documented the changes and how best to deal with them.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    MS probably didn't know there were problems with Java and IE11 in Win 7 until the complaints came pouring in.

For me, there is a compatibility problem with my ISP's e-mail which I think is down to a change in the HTML coding, but I'm not going to hold my breath while my ISP try to fix that.

You'd think that a company the size of MS could afford to have their Customer Services open on a Saturday if not 24/7, but guess that's the arrogance of MS as we appear to be here for their benefit and not the other way around

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I do wonder if MS might have know, even meant for IE11 not to play well with Java, hoping people weren't using it so much anymore.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, I spent what I felt was a fruitless 20mins with MS CS and while he was prepared to spend up to an hour linked to my laptop for free doing basic steps, I didn't get what I thought was a satisfactory answer as to why Java required websites would function when IE11 was run as an admin, but not as a local user and that perhaps the websites hadn't upgraded to accommodate IE11 (I think )

Other than checking to see if I'd reset IE his next diagnostic step was to suggest reinstalling Java, but as I could do that in my own time and that I needed first to reinstall IE11, I declined as I didn't fancy racking up my phone bill by an hour on a national number (courtesy of www.saynoto0870.com) for a website that I rarely use, when I already have another IE11 compatibility problem.

However, I created a restore point (again), downloaded Java selecting the Save option then used IObit's uninstaller for a deep clean and file shred of Java files.

I then upgraded to IE11 then run the u51.exe as an admin to reinstall Java, went to pingtest.net and while it still gave the Java does not appear to be installed message again, the test performed as it would only have done previously when IE was run as an admin.

I rebooted the laptop and tried it again with the same results should it have just been a one off for that session.

So perhaps that's a workaround that you could try, but not sure if leaving the Java reinstall until I'd upgraded IE had a different outcome as it may have had to just reinstalling Java in an existing IE11.

If you still have problems after trying this, then you may have to revert to IE10 as I have had to for mine or see if a remote MS link to your computer would produce better results, but I think MS's aim would be to have you sign up to their Premium Service.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For now, I'll leave things alone on most of the PC's in the house and see if anyone complains!

Ron

New Lounger
    Thanks

Java Verify failure unable to Configure Java Control Panel not opening ( Fix : )

Java Verify failure unable to Configure Java Control Panel does not open ( Fix : )
    this is a regular ( windows 7 bug related ) problem after successful installation of Java ( jre ) and fresh installation of Windows7 64bit or 32bit on my laptop or desktop. what worked perfectly for me was setting COMPATIBILITYMODE=WINDOWSNT to make windows launch the JP2LAUNCHER.EXE and JAVAW.EXE files properly.
    jp2launcher.exe windowsNT compatibilty solves Java Verify failure problem at https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
    javaw.exe windowsNT compatibilty solves unable to open or Configure Java Control Panel problem.

* search for JAVAW.EXE inside c:\program files\java\....\bin
    or c:\program files(x86)\java\.....\bin\
    * right-click mouse on JAVAW application icon logo
    * click PROPERTIES
    * click COMPATIBILITY
    * tick the checkbox at COMPATIBILITY MODE
    * choose WINDOWS NT service pack
    * click APPLY or click OK
    Now, the Configure Java Control Panel will start opening and working.

* search for JP2LAUNCHER.EXE inside c:\program files\java\....\bin
    or c:\program files(x86)\java\.....\bin\
    * right-click mouse on JP2LAUNCHER
    * click PROPERTIES
    * click COMPATIBILITY
    * tick the checkbox at COMPATIBILITY MODE
    * choose WINDOWS NT service pack
    * click APPLY or click OK
    Now, the Verify Java will be successful at https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

if we find 2 or 3 versions of JP2LAUNCHER and JAVAW when we search, then we must repeat the above for all of them.

in the Configure Java Control Panel Advanced tab we can set "Do not check" certificate revocation and disable security verification. and in the Security tab we may Edit Site List... for the Exception Site List ( add URLs to unblock sites )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12