Thread: TPM Connection

Star Lounger
    Thanks

TPM Connection

I recently acquired a Lenovo T500 running Vista Business. I updated the OS, so all is well there. One issue I'm having is a message that comes up on start-up that says (paraphrasing) Problem connecting to the TPM (security device). This appears to have something to do with a security chip on the computer. When I look at Device Manager, there is a notation that says that no action is required. There is a checkbox on the message window that will keep it from coming up. Should I just check it and ignore the "problem"? If something is not working that should be, I hate to ignore it. I did check the driver and it is up to date.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    You can use the laptop without any issues without TPM. In many laptops with TPM capabilities, they are not enabled by default. I would suggest ignoring the issue for now and contacting Lenovo's support for specific help on the issue.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK. Thanks.