3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Excel 2007 SaveAs question

I've just upgraded from Excel 2002 to Excel 2007. Ver. 2002 did everything I wanted "except" for having an Autosave feature that actually was of any use.

I've got lots of files with macros that were written in 2002. I've discovered they run just fine in COMPATIBILITY MODE in 2007. Over time I'll make the needed changes so they can be saved as .xlsm files without disabling the macros.

For now I have one little glitch I can't figure out though.

In 2002 when a macro called for SAVEAS to save the file the pop-up SAVEAS window would default to a .xls file automatically. All I had to do was type in the file name in front of the .xls.

When I'm running these macros, or when I create a new test macro with at SAVEAS command, no default file extension is showing. I have to type the file name AND the .xls or .xlsx extension every time. This isn't horrible but I've already overlooked adding the extension a number of times. Of course I then have to rename the file.

I've tried setting the default file extension in Excel to .xls, .xlsx and .xlsm (for macros) with no resolution to the issue.

On the other hand if I start a NEW workbook and click on SAVEAS then the file extension does correctly show in the pop-up window. So this is only an issue in macros.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    BH
    Last edited by bhdavis; 2014-01-17 at 14:47.

Thanks
    I don't have xl2007 (we use xl2010 and it does not seem to have the behaviour you describe), but perhaps this discussion and code will be of some help:
    http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-...xcel-2007.aspx

Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sdckapr View Post
    I don't have xl2007 (we use xl2010 and it does not seem to have the behaviour you describe), but perhaps this discussion and code will be of some help:
    http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-...xcel-2007.aspx

Steve
    Thanks Steve. Good stuff. I'll give it a try.
    BH