New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010 - foreign fonts do not display or print in document text

Hi. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium with Microsoft Office Professional 2010, and now notice behavior in Word that I can't explain/rectify.
    Both Word and Windows show the availability of all four of the fonts mentioned below: Garamond (which I use as a default body text in my "normal template" for Word), Algerian, Arabic typesetting, and David (Hebrew). However:

I can choose a font such as Garamond and see the selected document text display accordingly, as in figure 01, attached.
    I can choose a decorative font such as Algerian and see the selected document text display correctly, as in figure 02, attached.
    I can choose "Arabic typesetting" but the selected document text remains in Garamond, as in figure 03, attached.
    I then see "Arabic typesetting" as the "selected" font, but the document text still remains in Garamond, as in figure 04, attached.
    I can choose "David (Hebrew)", but the selected document text remains in Garamond, as in figure 05, attached.
    Garamond also remains indicated in the "choose font" window, and the selected document text also remains in Garamond, as in figure 06, attached.

Does anyone have an explanation... and a solution?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Word does this when a chosen alternative font doesn't support the characters in question.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]