New Lounger
    Thanks

Any Advice on...

2 down laptops. Machine 1. Lost ability to boot up, Windows Vista upgrade installation disc did not find any problems to fix. Installed Vista on top of failed boot and it created an old windows folder with all of what I want to transfer to my new HD. I have an easy transfer cable and an external drive or would it be better to just copy everything over to the new drive.
    Machine 2. Lost power at home and machine is dead. Purchased a new motherboard as per original configuration, however last motherboard that died had a discrete graphics chip versus the new replacement with the included graphics with Intel. I think the HD will not work due to such a change but don't know yet. Going to replace board now... and hope it works??

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Machine 2 is back up with no problems adjusting to the new motherboard. I will look into how to transfer files from old HD to the new larger HD.