New Lounger
    Thanks

Subject: Search Conduit

For those of us who are not high tech, could you provide a step by step of how to get rid of Search Conduit. I have installed and run all of the following and it is still there in Chrome. (malwarebytes anti Malware-pd, cc cleaner pd, ad-ware, mset, house call launcher, AVG full version pd ) And seqarch conduit is still there in chrome. It does not seem to be in Internet Exp 11 - is it possible that it can be in one and not the other? Also can it come in on a USB stick that has been in someone else's computer?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In addition to what you've already done, also check these areas:

First check Control Panel and see if it's listed as a program you can uninstall. If it is, uninstall it.

Then launch Chrome, go to Settings->Extensions (left pane), and see if there is an extension listed there that needs to be uninstalled.

Then back in Settings scroll down to Search, click "Manage search engines", and remove Search Conduit from the list. (It's probably the default, so you'll need to change the default to something else before you can remove it.)

Finally, in Settings, "On startup", make sure Search Conduit isn't your start page in "Open a specific page".

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thks - I have already done all of those and it isn't showing in any or listed. In fact google.ca is showing as the default but when I start Chrome Search Conduit still comes up on the toolbar as the search engine being used.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    This article will cover what you have already done but also gives links for two adware removal programs to remove it from your computer http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-...-search-virus/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2014-05-19)

Thanks
    Step by step instructions are given here: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-...h-and-toolbar/

It appears you have done most of the steps except run AdwCleaner but I would go through them carefully one more time.

Jerry

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

bassfisher6522 (2014-01-24)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thks - will give it all a try - otherwise I will have to remove Chrome and go back to IE.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    1) make sure its not on internet explorer
    2) make internet explorer the default browser
    3) uninstall Google Crome completely
    4) completely turn off the computer and turn it back on
    5) install a new copy of Google Crome

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks - all done and no more Search Conduit. Only thing I haven't done is reinstall Chrome. Still using IE 11 for now.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    You can not get rid of conduit virus even you uninstall and then reinstall it. If you don't believe, you can have a try. Since conduit virus is still in your system, then it will keep changing your browser settings. You should manually delete conduit virus since it can bypass your antivirus and antispyware.
    Last edited by satrow; 2014-02-21 at 00:42.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the good step by step instructions.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Widows 7 and FireFox and I tried to use AwdCleaner using the steps you suggested. I tried it twice but Conduit.Search still came back... What next?

Thanks
    Follow the steps in #5 above then reset Firefox (Alt) > Help > Troubleshooting information and click the Reset Firefox button on the right.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

dr daf (2014-05-30)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Junkware Removal Tool successfully targets Conduit (especially stubborn leftover traces):

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/down...-removal-tool/