2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exploit.java/CVE-2012-1723

I tried to stream a BBC program with Iplayer, Iplayer would not run I could not assess BBC. I tried to open Malwarebytes, Malwarebytes would not open, I got 6 exception errors and some runtime errors.
    I opened MS Defender and found out my computer was infected with Exploit.java/CVE-2012-1723 Defender removed the infection.
    I uninstalled Malwarebytes and reinstalled Malwarebytes I still got exception and runtime errors. I them removed Malwarebytes with Revo uninstaller (paid version). reinstalled Malwarebytes Revo got Malwarebytes up and running again.
    Thank God for MS Defender and Revo.
    Jimmy

Thanks
    Jimmy, don't enable the Java plugin in your normal browser, access any legitimate sites that need Java from an alternative browser.

I suggest completely removing Java unless you really need it installed permanently. I've not had Java installed for more than 2 years, I've never missed it.

Consider increasing your website blocking tactics, I use hpHosts, installed and updated automatically by HostsMan. This works system-wide yet can be temporarily blocked in just a few clicks, should you need to access a blocked site or test a bad connection.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

Rubyjim (2014-05-03)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exploit.java/CVE-2012-1723

Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    Jimmy, don't enable the Java plugin in your normal browser, access any legitimate sites that need Java from an alternative browser.

I suggest completely removing Java unless you really need it installed permanently. I've not had Java installed for more than 2 years, I've never missed it.

Consider increasing your website blocking tactics, I use hpHosts, installed and updated automatically by HostsMan. This works system-wide yet can be temporarily blocked in just a few clicks, should you need to access a blocked site or test a bad connection.
    Thank I will try your suggestions