New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Mail crashing on certain messages

I am having this same problem on several incoming messages but am using Win-7 pro and Windows Mail.

sure would like to find the fix.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    This was appended to an old Outlook thread. It should be in its own thread.

Can you view the messages using a browser?
    Are the messages HTML?
    Do the messages have attachments?

Joe

Thanks
    I thought windows mail was strictly part of Vista. That with windows 7, on retail PC's windows live mail which was part of windows live essentials was the new email MS went to and now has been converted to Outlook.com.

If your looking for an alternative for an email client and not a web-based service and one you don't have to pay for. I recommend eM Client. It looks/feels like Windows live and Outlook. I have it and use the free version. Only down side is, with the free version your email accounts is limited to just 2. The paid version is unlimited, I think. There are others out there, just do a search and experiment with them.

Thanks
    Not necessarily so!

Windows Mail, yes the same one that works in Vista, has been made inoperable in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1, but....
    With a little program trickery and persistence, Windows Mail which is almost identical to Outlook Express 6, can be RE-Activated and will work just like it did in Vista. I've done it countless times already.

But just like in O.E.6, an email coming in with errors or corruption in it can jam up the program.
    The solution is to delete the entire Inbox folder. This could be sometimes necessary with the Outbox folder too. I just had to solve such a problem two days ago, on a friends PC, running Vista and Windows Mail.

Many users have told me that they think that Windows Live Mail looks like CRAP! I have to agree.
    And it's also much harder to set up than Windows Mail.

Just what MS was trying to accomplish by neutering Windows Mail in Win-7, 8 and 8.1, is beyond my comprehension. Leaving it in Program Files, but telling us we can't use it, is just plain "Stupidity in action".

Cheers Mates!
    The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Thanks
    Many users have told me that they think that Windows Live Mail looks like CRAP! I have to agree.
    And it's also much harder to set up than Windows Mail.
    ust what MS was trying to accomplish by neutering Windows Mail in Win-7, 8 and 8.1, is beyond my comprehension. Leaving it in Program Files, but telling us we can't use it, is just plain "Stupidity in action".
    I don't know...I liked it...but totally agree with rest of what you say. MS takes something that is so easy and simple to manage and use, then they so call "tweak it" into a giant mess. Then rebrand/name it and say hey, here is the new and improved mail...like everything else, it takes time to get used to.