Star Lounger
    Thanks

"Extra" Admin Account?

Discovered this while trying to open Media Player on my wife's Win8.1 PC (upgrade from 8.0). Media Player would not open. I got a window with the option to use "Recommended Settings" or choose custom. No matter which I chose, it came back to that window. I got Media Player to work by setting the shortcut and program to "Run as Administrator". Playing with that process is where I came across the Media Player properties and Advanced settings in the attached jpg.
    Anyone know what the deal is with that Administrator Account? The PC boots & runs fine. But, it is odd that UAC pops up when I try to run Media Player, a "built-in" program.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David Carter

Thanks
    As far back as I can remember, all versions of Windows have had a hidden Administrator account, part of the Administrators group. Are you just surprised that Windows has this account? A bit of Googling would allay your fears!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What I am surprised about is #1, Media Player would not open at all...this seems to be common with 8.1 upgrades, having to do with a corrupted user account/profile. #2, why does the Administrator account have the red circle with an X through it, as if there is an issue? #3, why is there an AdministratorS account (part of a "group"?), & can I just delete the first Administrator account...safely?
    David Carter