Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lounger
    Thanks
    Interesting article.
    Just as a matter of curiosity, why doesn't the US have chip cards? Europe has had them for around 25 years...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marp View Post
    Interesting article.
    Just as a matter of curiosity, why doesn't the US have chip cards? Europe has had them for around 25 years...
    Just a guess - because of the expense in replacing or upgrading every credit card scanner in the country.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    When fishing, go for the biggest catch.

That is healthcare.gov. You take your life in your hands if you put your information on healthcare.gov. No security ... at all.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I posted elsewhere but not here. I rarely use my ATM (mainly for gas) but went shopping with Dad (he just passed away recently; sorry for sharing baggage, but the Day after Thanksgiving was one of the last times Dad and I went out to do something together) and didn't have enough cash on hand to buy my 3 great nieces (my niece is having nieces now; lol) and my two nephews Christmas presents and saw one of those hard to get toys at Target, so, like a dumb dumb, used my ATM card. Well, last week, I received my new ATM card (completely different number and of course PIN; haven't changed it yet; will probably just keep the new PIN since it's easy for me to remember) last week and what a pain to update all my auto-pay sites and such. I should charge Target for my time. Oh well; just my spiel.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dro View Post
    When fishing, go for the biggest catch.

That is healthcare.gov. You take your life in your hands if you put your information on healthcare.gov. No security ... at all.
    It uses HTTPS, like any secure web site. That's a lot more than "no security at all".

Bruce

Lounger
    Thanks
    I am disappointed that one of the primary tools for shopping online is hardly ever mentioned. That is the use of 'virtual cards'. Bank of America; Citibank and others allow a one time use dollar limited virtual card to be generated. If it is later hacked, it is useless. It is billed on the regular statement and makes online or telephonic shopping very safe.
    It's use should be promoted, and encouraged. More card issuers should allow it also, otherwise change your credit card to a bank that allows it. Don't be taken in by affinity cards and logos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12