New Lounger
    Thanks

Question How to set two-default gateway

hi,
    assume scenario which clients should get 2 Default-Gateway and we have 4 Vlan in 4 Subnet!
    Because there are many node clientS(about 200) it's impossible to add DG on every Computer.so if I have TMG Server with 4 NIC can I set upTMG that for example : All Clients in range of 10.10.10.X get for example 10.10.10.25 and 10.10.20.30 for Default Gateway again for interface of 20.20.20.Y like that all computers which are in range of 20 get 2 DG first 20.20.20.222 and second is 20.30.40.50 and like that....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2)is it possible I use from Batch file ? If yes how I can Find this Batch File?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    You should use DHCP to assign addresses and it will set the default gateway for you. Are you saying all clients have manually assigned IP addresses?

p.s. 200 clients is not a lot. Normally you'd have all on one subnet.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks but i told that we have 4 subnet in 4 vlan:
    vlan 1:10.10.10.X
    vlan 2:20.20.20.Y
    vlan 3:30.30.30.Z
    vlan 4:40.40.40.
    if i config DHCP all clients should be in 1 subnet ...so we have different subnet!!!!!!!!! .as a result somehow i should make or create rule in TMG or in GPO(Batch File or...)to assign differences and more than 1 subnet to each clients in each Vlan....?
    what i should i do?please help!!!!
    gateway in

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    You can set the DHCP server to assign the subnet addresses as long as the VLANs are on different physical LANs, or they terminate on specific router ports.
    Are all of the clients on the same physical switch / router?
    Who assigns the VLANs? They will be able to tell you what ports they terminate on.

cheers, Paul

p.s. why do you have 4 VLANs?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    again thanks...so let me i explain complete my scenario and ...please help me what should i do?
    we have 4 vlan in 4 differences subnet as i told before 4range {10},{20},{30},{40} so i want to config NAT+DHCP+HSRP and I need TMG Server .
    so what topology you suggest which reduce RAM , CPU Resources and Improvement performance and include all things i said{NAT+DHCP+HSRP+TMG)
    do you suggest 3 layer cisco model?if yes ...could you explain that how i should config it?i mean for example i connect switch layer 2 to switch layer 3 and after config.....how?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    The standard set up for a corporate network with 200 users would be a single VLAN and DHCP server, plus whatever AD / app servers you require. Then a router and PIX to connect to the internet.
    HSRP is only done at the router so you don't need to set this in DHCP.
    TMG is set as the proxy on your PCs, either via group policy or a proxy.pac file.
    Layer 2 switches connect all your PCs and servers. Layer 3 is the central router.

To work with 4 VLANs you need to configure the VLAN end points on the router to use a helper address for the DHCP server, then configure the DHCP server to assign different ranges based on the VLAN.

This is a complex configuration so there is a limit to what we can advise, but we'll do our best.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    again thanks ...so i find my answer but there are some unknown question

how i can use 4 subnet in HSRP?
    HSRP client should be in same range but we have different vlan????????????????

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    A VLAN is just a logical separation of data on the same physical network. It eventually comes together as a single stream at some point, usually, and that is where you put the HSRP device(s). HSRP is to remove single point of failure, so you would likely have two gateways which act as a single unit.

A "standard" approach is to have all links returning via a router chassis with multiple power supplies and multiple daughter boards, where you split the links across multiple daughter boards to prevent SPOF.

cheers, Paul