Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Any bootable partitioning software can get this job done. I use GParted that comes with the Parted Magic iso. There is still a free version even though you may find a pay scale. Major Geeks has the free one available for download.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to F.U.N. downtown For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2014-04-19)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prescott View Post
    Beiland
    Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Disk Management
    I guess I didn't look close enough at the two window frames presented. I was looking for Disc Management to be under Tools rather than Storage,....guess I was thinking of this as a management operation (to defrag), requiring tools, rather than a static storage situation.

I've been caught by some similar 'misunderstand of the computer language' before. One time very early on I saw the word Reformat. I took it to mean a reorganization of the material stored within, not the wiping out of all the material. I guess it was the English language I grew up with,...reformatting was not deleting and starting over again.

And in photography I always thought of Resolution as a means of improving the quality of the photo, nothing to do with the size of the photo as there is a world for that, SIZE or resizing.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.N. downtown View Post
    Any bootable partitioning software can get this job done. I use GParted that comes with the Parted Magic iso. There is still a free version even though you may find a pay scale. Major Geeks has the free one available for download.
    Was that instruction directed to me?

What do I do with that pretty sizable file on my C-drive that was created when I loaded Win7 onto my existing XP system?

Do I pick and choose certain things, and then discard the remainder of that file, (particularly the 'old' system stuff) ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456