5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Override CSS style in HTML

I inherited someone's code and the "links" page always makes the font size small for the links.
    I suspect the CSS file is controlling that, but I cannot tell WHERE that control is set in the CSS file.
    So, I'm wondering if around the various links I can override whatever is causing this by setting with my own font size.

I've tried just changing the font size in my Dreamweaver editor, but it doesn't change...suspecting the CSS is controlling it.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    If it is being controlled by the CSS, they are doing it right, as that is the proper way to do it. If you want to know where that is being set, I suggest you start Chrome, visit one of the pages where you have one such link and then right click it and choose Inspect Element. Chrome will open its developer tools, which will allow you to access a lot of info on the element and css file and line where it's attributes are being set. You can then open the file and change the values you need.

Capture.JPG
    Rui
    -------
    R4

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

kweaver (2014-01-24)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Perfect. Just what I needed!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts