New Lounger
    Thanks

Office 365 renewal

I was wondering if anyone has renewed their Office 365 subscription?

Mine runs out on February 9 2014 and it does not have an auto renewal.

The only option I can find is to buy a new subscription which looks as if it will run from the date of payment. So, if I do it now, 26 January, will I lose 15 days that I have already paid for?

I cant see any option to actually renew. Can anyone else see it? Am I missing something?

Yes I can just wait until February, but its just more convenient to do it now.

Alec

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    From what I can find when you renew the clock starts on the renewal and ends on the prior subscription.

You should get a notification from Office 365 about your current subscription expiring and how to renew it.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes that's what I thought, your new subscription starts when you pay. I can't even see an option to give my current product an automatic renewal.

I cant help but be cynical because they send the reminder weeks in advance!

Thanks for your thoughts

Alec

Administrator
    Thanks
    According to the "Billing and renewal section" at Office Frequently Asked Questions page you can setup an automatic renewal. There are directions on the page.

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Go to Myoffice. Login with your email. Go to My account
    Go down to Payment and Billing, set up auto-renew subscription, if that is what you want to do

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jonrichco For This Useful Post:

alecco47 (2014-02-07)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the comments. every time I went to pay no matter what rout I took I had to press a button which said "your subscription starts when you press this button" or something like that.

So I waited until there was two days left on my subscription and tried to renew. The prcess said nothing about renewing a current subscription but I paid.

My original subscription ran out on 9 February, I paid on 7 February and when I checked my subscription status it says it's valid until 7 march 2015 12 months from payment date.

I think the lesson is to by the auto renewal when you subscribe.

Alec

New Lounger
    Thanks
    To all,

I had a similar issue as Alec, however when I went to manage my account, renewal was not allowed. I did the Microsoft return call and spoke to someone about the issue. Same issue as Alec, my renewal date would be today since this was not an auto renewal. I was going to throw away 5 days and told the agent to just do it and be done with this. The Microsoft agent attempted the transaction but it would not go through. Something with the retail store purchase location and the Microsoft tracking system.

This aggravates me because I made the purchase at a Microsoft store. Bottom line, I have to start over with a new product code.

If you buy it on line, you can maintain it from your Microsoft account. If you buy it in a store, maybe you can but in this case, I can not.

Provided my feed back. Case number assigned. Does not help me now, but I hope it gets fixed for the future!

This has got to happen to more people then just me!