New Lounger
    Thanks

How did personal device browse history show up on work computer?

I use my Kindle to do any "personal" internet shopping, etc., from home. Yesterday (which was a Sunday) I visited a few shopping sites. When I arrived at work today, I had to research some online information for my boss. When I looked at my browsing history, the sites I visited from home were listed in my browsing history on my office PC. Can anyone tell me how that happened? Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? Or did someone in our company's "big brother" office just get nosy? It really has me wondering just how "secure" our security is! Thanks for any input.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Using which browser (on Kindle and office PC)?

Bruce

Thanks
    If Windows 8 is on both devices, your settings, history, etc., will follow you from one device to the other.

I don't think Kindles have Windows 8. However, there may be some synchronization of your browsing history between the computer and the Kindle.

My new Blackberry does more of that than my previous Blackberry did.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Both have Internet Explorer as the browser.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi energizer,

A Kindle device supports IE?!?!? I poked around a few web sites and could _NOT_ verify this......saw several others though:
    http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...lk-needs-work/

I only use IE about once a month(on a PC) when I find a website that was written so poorly that Firefox won't work.
    However, I have a few thoughts....

On those devices (personal Kindle and work PC) are you somehow syncing history thru DropBox or another cloud drive?
    On the PC you can go into IE and check Tools-> Internet Options-> General tab-> Browsing History section -> settings button and check the "current location" path. This should show you if are pointing to some common location for these temporary files.

There is also a "Delete browsing history on exit" checkbox there. It may "work-around" the issue, but means you lose the history feature.

Any add-ins or toolbars installed doing it?

Alternately you could always use another browser on one of those devices to "break the link" between them, although that's still just a work-around and not a fix.

Good Luck!
    brino

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brino View Post
    A Kindle device supports IE?!?!?
    I was extremely sceptical about that too.

I think something like Kindle Fire Apps: IE Sync For Internet Explorer must be installed on the Kindle.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2014-01-30 at 14:09.

Thanks
    I may be missing something here, but this seems to imply that the Op is logging into his Kindle with the same credentials as his work PC. Where I worked this just wasn't possible, so I have to say I'm confused by what's happening. Unless the Kindle is a work one and all the details (as suggested) are in the cloud, or perhaps synced when he takes the Kindle to work...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Browsing around I just found this:
    http://windowssecrets.com/best-pract...soft-accounts/

that explicitly mentions "IE synching" as a feature of a Microsoft account.

Energizer, are you logging into your Microsoft account on both systems, perhaps automatically?

Though I still find notta about IE running on Kindle, I betcha Bruce found the answer.....

brino