Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

I can not get to the web page

Hello all,
    my problem is that when i double click Google or I,E to get on the net, I get the busy doughnut for a few seconds , then it disappears leaving me the desk top screen. No amount of selecting works, I have to close down the computer. The puzzling thing is I get the message that the machine is waiting for Chrome to close. After restarting all is well until I come off the net and try to get back on, the same thing happens no web search screen. Can anyone shed light on the problem. Kind regards.

My machine is a self build. Crosshair V Formula Z Mother board AMD 990FX Chipset, AMD 8350 Processor. 8Gb RAM 2133 ASUS HD 7770 GC. Windows 7 Ultimate

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Will IE start without add-ons ?

Go Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

If it starts then click on the Home page icon and attempt to browse.

If that works then download and run AdwCleaner to see what it reports after the scan.

If IE still doesn't open without add-ons then open a command prompt as an administrator and enter the command sfc /scannow and let us know what it reports.

To open a command prompt as an administrator go Start - type cmd then right click on cmd.exe and select Run as administrator - accept the UAC which will open the command window and entering the command exit when the sfc has completed will close the window.

Sometimes your AV program can disrupt and a manual check for its updates can usually do the job.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-01-27 at 19:29.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sudo15
    many thanks for your reply. I was able to open IE with No Add- ons ok. I have run avdCleaner but I am not sure what it is telling me, so have not cleaned anything out. I am a little puzzled as to why there should be anything wrong as the build was only powered up on Sunday last, perhaps you can advise me on what to delete if anything. Once again many thanks for your help
    regards from Lincolnshire

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you downloaded anything since then as adware, toolbars etc. can be bundled with the downloads if you don't uncheck any boxes that will give you additional items.

Can you copy & paste the report into your next post and then we can see what it has found.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The download I did yesterday caught me napping as I finished up with loads of different things being uploaded, one of them will not uninstall (Divx10) and (Bing) BUT advCleaner did do something as I have found it in Notepad just now.
    Regards

# AdwCleaner v3.018 - Report created 29/01/2014 at 11:21:32
    # Updated 28/01/2014 by Xplode
    # Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
    # Username : Greggers - DESKTOP64
    # Running from : C:\Users\Greggers\Downloads\adwcleaner.exe
    # Option : Scan

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

File Found : C:\Users\Public\Desktop\jZip.lnk
    Folder Found C:\Program Files (x86)\jZip
    Folder Found C:\Program Files (x86)\sweetpacks bundle uninstaller
    Folder Found C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\jZip
    Folder Found C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\jZip
    Folder Found C:\Users\Greggers\AppData\Local\jZip
    Folder Found C:\Users\Greggers\AppData\Local\Temp\AirInstaller
    Folder Found C:\Users\Greggers\AppData\Local\Temp\jZip
    Folder Found C:\Users\Greggers\AppData\LocalLow\jZip

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Found : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\{1146AC44-2F03-4431-B4FD-889BC837521F}
    Key Found : HKCU\Software\Conduit
    Key Found : HKCU\Software\IM
    Key Found : HKCU\Software\jZip
    Key Found : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{014DB5FA-EAFB-4592-A95B-F44D3EE87FA9}
    Key Found : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{77AA745B-F4F8-45DA-9B14-61D2D95054C8}
    Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\Conduit
    Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\IM
    Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\jZip
    Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{014DB5FA-EAFB-4592-A95B-F44D3EE87FA9}
    Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{77AA745B-F4F8-45DA-9B14-61D2D95054C8}
    Key Found : HKLM\Software\{1146AC44-2F03-4431-B4FD-889BC837521F}
    Key Found : HKLM\Software\{6791A2F3-FC80-475C-A002-C014AF797E9C}
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{03F998B2-0E00-11D3-A498-00104B6EB52E}
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{1B00725B-C455-4DE6-BFB6-AD540AD427CD}
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}
    Key Found : HKLM\Software\jZip
    Key Found : HKLM\Software\MetaStream
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{03F998B2-0E00-11D3-A498-00104B6EB52E}
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{1B00725B-C455-4DE6-BFB6-AD540AD427CD}
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{3614D305-2DBB-4991-9297-750DD60FFC73}
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Browser Helper Objects\{02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext \PreApproved\{02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext \PreApproved\{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uni nstall\jZip
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@viewpoint.com/VMP
    Key Found : HKLM\Software\Viewpoint
    Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Conduit
    Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\pflphaooapb gpeakohlggbpidpppgdff
    Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{77AA745B-F4F8-45DA-9B14-61D2D95054C8}
    Value Found : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks [{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}]
    Value Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar [{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}]

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.16428

Setting Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main [Start Page] - hxxp://start.mysearchdial.com/?f=1&a=dsites0103&cd=2XzuyEtN2Y1L1Qzu0A0CtBtBtD0By DtCyEyC0CtD0FyEtAtDtN0D0Tzu0SyByDzztN1L2XzutBtFtBt FtCyDtFtCyCtAtCtN1L1CzutBtAtDtC1N1R&cr=669084893&i r=

-\\ Google Chrome v32.0.1700.76

[ File : C:\Users\Greggers\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

[ File : C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome \User Data\Default\preferences ]

Found : homepage
    Found : icon_url
    Found : search_url
    Found : keyword

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [4147 octets] - [29/01/2014 11:21:32]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [4207 octets] ##########

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It looks like you've picked up quite a few there.

What exactly did you download to get all of these as it can help others to be on their guard and to look out for the tick boxes to uncheck, it's also best to avoid the big green download buttons and read through a download article to look for the real download button for the program that you only want to download.

The DivX Toolbar could be difficult to remove according to http://malwaretips.com/blogs/divx-to...removal/#files so follow the steps in that tutorial, using the links for Junkware Removal Tool and MBAM.

I think someone using a similar tutorial had problems with Hitman Pro so see how you go after doing a full scan with MBAM.

Using the Clean in AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool will also clean out the "easier" ones and the Full scan with MBAM should root out any other nasties that could be lurking.

MBAM usually defaults to the Quick Scan option so ensure that you check the Full Scan radio button before running.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-01-29 at 13:17.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

Barraboy (2014-01-29)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello
    all I did was click on the link that was in you first thread, I got to the download page and I lost control of the mouse, it just slowed up and when I stopped moving it the pointer just crept across the screen very slowly. I left clicked it thinking I would gain control, but then things just started downloading, I honestly thought I had remote assistance , whether it was a mouse driver problem or not I'm not sure, but it sure scared the hell out of me. Any way I have completed all the processes in the tutorial and and can safely say that I am now clean apart from the DivX set up file in Programs, doing a normal uninstall just will not work, I get the message that 'a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly and Windows will close the program etc' it happens every time I try.
    Just like to say a big thank you for all your help and patience in what was becoming a bit of a nightmare for me.
    Kind regards from Lincolnshire

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Optical mice can sometimes crawl about and cleaning the bottom usually sorts it.

I use IObit Uninstaller to ensure no residue is left after a program uninstall and that may get rid of that set up file.

When you select the program and click on Uninstall, you will see a radio button for Advanced.

Click on that, follow any prompts and when it has used Windows Uninstall click on the Deep Clean button and check the box to shred the files.

It may be better to run the uninstaller in Safe Mode so that if any active files are remaining, they will be inactive for the uninstall.

The Deep Clean will list if any residue remains and clicking on Select all - Delete should get rid of those files, but go into Program Files and Program Files (x86) to see if any folders remain.

If any, they should now be empty but right clicking on those and selecting delete will remove them.

Prior to using MBAM in future, click on the Update tab before running any scans and this will update its Definitions.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-01-29 at 19:23.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have carried out all of the advice that you offered in your last thread and all went well , I have rid myself of all useless programmes . I had Malware Bytes Pro already installed, I now have the uninstaller which worked brilliantly I have also subscribed to the IObit bundle, just in case of future needs. The mouse problem still persists though, it is really wierd, it does what it wants foir a few seconds then behaves normally again, it is as if some thing else is going on which is causing a delay between the mouse and the pointer, could it be drivers. As before many, many thanks for you valuable assistance

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You could try a Hard Reset by removing all cables including the mouse/USB (if wireless mouse) and battery if a laptop then hold the power button in for 30 secs to see if that does it.

You could try a driver reinstall or uninstall it in Device Management then click on Action/Scan for hardware changes which should reinstate it.

Going Devices and Printers from Start, right click on the mouse icon then Troubleshoot may find something but if it's working by then, it probably wouldn't find anything if it isn't broken, but you never know.

Which IObit bundle did you install ?

Edit
    Not sure if anything has changed the mouse settings but you could check those while you are in Devices & Printers.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-01-30 at 12:08.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have re installed my keyboard and mouse so hopefully things should ok, at the moment all seems well. The bundle from IObit is the Advance system care Ultimate 7. I have run it and is not showing anything, along with the other tools it should I hope keep me clean. Many thanks for your advice over the past couple of days you have been a great help to me.
    Kind regards from Lincolnshire

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'd be extremely careful with ASC as it has a registry cleaner that can hose an OS.

By all means let it do a full scan when it tells you your system is below par, but make sure that you check to see what it is going to do before you click on the Fix button and under no circumstances allow the registry clean be part of that tune up.

Anyway, good to hear that the mouse problem appears to be sorted and glad to have been of help.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I take on board your advice about the Registry cleaner in the IObit A.S.C bundle, up to now I have tended to leave the Registry well alone, ( I think I'm in enough trouble) can you offer advice on a safer piece of software similar to A S C. The mouse problem seems to have been cured

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I use to have ASC 6.2 Pro but dumped it about a year ago because it kept popping up to tell me that I needed a tune up, yet when I just used it to clear the temp files, it gave me a green light.

I don't know what has been added to it since in the way of performance tools, but Windows tends to have most of the tools that you need to keep your computer running fine.

The only 3rd party programs that I have, are the free version of CCleaner to keep the cookies down as Disk Cleanup doesn't do them and Winmend registry defragger and I only use the latter if I've been having a clean out or prior to running Windows Defragmenter.

Most tune up programs tend to rely heavily on registry cleaning although ASC does have other attributes, so as long as you are aware of its dangers, you could continue to use ASC but always check to see what it finds, so that you can either edit or uncheck a given option before the Fix.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-01-31 at 15:51.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

Barraboy (2014-01-31)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    many thanks for your advice and I will give CCleaner and Winmend a try. Many thanks for all your help
    Kind regards
    B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast