Star Lounger
    Thanks

Finger Print Reader

I recently acquired a Lenovo T500 running Vista Business. I updated the OS, so all is well there. I don't have a user manual and cannot find one on-line. One issue I'm having is with the finger print reader. At start-up, there is a log-in icon having to do with this device. A message under the icon says "Please connect the fingerprint reader". If I log in as admin (not using the reader) a "fingerprint enrollment" window will come up. If I click "tutorial" at the top of that window, a message says "Cannot communicate with sensor. Please confirm that the sensor is ready". This window also asks for a password. If I enter the admin password, I can begin the "finger" selection process for the reader. I haven't yet entered anything here. If this thing is not going to work, I don't want to be locked out. Also, with password entry, the "settings" menu becomes active. This allows setting the system to use passwords rather that the finger print. However, selecting this feature has no effect on the above. I've searched around the system, including the bios, and cannot figure out what to do. It appears to be activated in the bios and the driver is up to date.
    Any help is appreciated.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Yobil,

You can download the manual from here: Lenovo Guides and Manuals
    lenovo.jpg

Click on the picture above to enlarge it.

Hope this helps...