New Lounger
    Thanks

New Administrator

I recently acquired a used desktop computer from my sister when mine was damaged. She didn't have any back-ups, and couldn't remember her password as administrator on this computer. There are apparently no user accounts. I can do most everything on it, but some things say I need permission...like deleting unwanted fonts. Is ther something I can do to take over the admin. acct. or a way to get around this?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Read about the Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor and make a boot CD or boot USB Flash drive according to the instructions. Boot whichever, and keep your fingers crossed. The end result is that your Administrator password gets set to null (that is, it has no password).
    BATcher

If it wasn't for the weather, Great Britain would be a silent nation.