New Lounger
    Thanks

Page Border (Art)

I recently demonstrated how to use the Art Page Borders in Microsoft Word to a large group of users. When I demonstrated this procedure I used a laser printer and everything worked out fine. However since many of the users in the audience use ink jets and the art borders of Word are in color, people went back to their machines and tried it. The bottom border of the art border would only print half of the border area (i.e. instead of a Christmas tree bottom border only the top half of the Christmas tree would print). An attempt was made to change the bottom margin, paper size, even feeding a larger piece of paper into the machine with a smaller size selected. None of these work. It appears as if the bottom border runs into that no man's land at the bottom edge of paper where an ink jet just won't print. This is not just one brand or model of printer. Various HPs and Epsons have failed at this task. The problem exists in both Word 97 and Word 2000. I haven't had any reports on Word 95. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Please help.

Joe Nowak

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Page Border (Art)

Have a look at the documentation for those printers. I once had and Epson Stylus Photo printer that couldn't go any closer than 14mm from the page end. You are most likely bound by the physical limits of printing with cheap and cheerful printers. You can fool the printers sometimes by telling the printer the paper is larger than it really is but make sure you don't overdo it as the ink will go everywhere.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

dovramon

I accidently bumped into a document that may help you. Please try it out, and let me know if it works.http://www.soita.esu.k12.oh.us/TipDo...tificates.html

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

We've run into that problem where I work aswell, and discovered in the printer documentation, that we were unable to print these borders on inkjets because of the amount of material the printer needs to support the sheet when printing.

We decided that we would remove the deskjets from individual work stations, and allow the users to print to network colour laser printers.
    Christopher Baldrey

New Lounger
    Thanks

[img]/w3timages/icons/clever.gif[/img]This had the exact solution I was looking for. Thanks.

joenowak

Thanks

This is a common problem with inkjet printers. The unprintable region is larger. It can also have other causes.
    See
    <A HREF="http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/BottomsDontPrint.htm" target="_blank">http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...sDontPrint.htm
    </A>
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin