Thanks

Require password on wake-up

I have futzed and futzed with the Win7 Pro 64bit power settings on the Dell laptop I have. When the screen goes dark and I hit a key or brush the mouse to bring it back to life, I want the Windows password screen to appear. But I have not been able to discover what setting or combination of settings will force Win7 to do this.

Right now, once the screen goes into power saving mode, you can open up the desktop no matter how long the screen has been dark w/o getting a password prompt.

I have "Require a password on wakeup" set to YES for both battery and AC power. I've gone through all the advanced power settings one by one but I cannot see why this won't work.

This computer generally runs on the AC power.

Thanks
    You can only require the password prompt for return from screen saver and/or sleep. It can't be done from the turn off display setting in power management, The only way you can get what you are describing is to set a blank screen saver that kicks in prior to your turn off display setting and has the "on resume display logon screen" box checked.

Jerry

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

ibe98765 (2013-01-26),jimithing403 (2014-02-04)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Jerry =)

jimithing403