2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can Font names be changed in Windows 8

Does anyone know of a way to change a Font name? There are a few fonts that I use all the time but since the font names listings that appear in most programs are listed alphabetically unfortunately the ones I use the most are located way down the list of 385.

For example: I figured if I could change the Ariel.ttf Font to 01-Ariel.ttf it would show up at the top of the listing. I could then pick my most used fonts and assign them a number so they would appear at the top of the listing and make it easier to locate each time I used them.

When I went into Control Panel>Fonts and found one I wanted to change, then clicked on Properties and made the name change, I couldn’t find any way to save it.

When I clicked on the OK button I received an error message “You’ll need to provide administrator permission to rename this file”, but couldn’t figure out a way to provide this action.

Can anyone suggest a way to accomplish this?

Respectfully,
    Graphics Guy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    G.G.,

You know you can just start typing the Font Name and it will search the list in most programs. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

Graphics Guy (2014-02-02)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi RG,
    Thank you for the speedy response. The method you suggested is how I locate the desired font now, but I thought that it would be easier in Photoshop & Publisher if my main fonts are already at the top of the list so I can just select them without a lot of typing or clicking on the down arrow.
    Thanks again. Respectfully, Graphics Guy