New Lounger
    Thanks

Using an Outlook.com alias to send mail

I have used an e-mail forwarding service since 1996 in order to keep my address the same regardless of what service I use as the destination. I added this e-mail address to my Microsoft account as an alias and set it to be primary. I can log in to various MS services using this alias and on Outlook.com I can send e-mail using that alias. The only thing I can't figure out is if there is any way to avoid the "on behalf of" statement that is inserted in the "From" field. With Gmail, I can "Send mail as" my 1996 forwarding address so long as I add my forwarder's smtp server to my account settings. My recipients don't see "on behalf of" when I send messages. Is there any way to pull this off with Outlook.com? Thanks.

Rocco

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Hi and welcome to the Lounge,

I think the only way to achieve that would be to host your own email domain with Outlook.com, which is possible and free:

http://www.zdnet.com/why-i-use-outlo...p2-7000015546/
    Rui
    -------
    R4

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

Rocco411 (2014-02-02)