4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 365 sub and SkyDrive capacity

My friend has an Office 365 subscription, which is supposed to include 25 GB of Skydrive storage. We connected Word to a Skydrive account, but it shows as having only 7 GB of storage. Is there something we need to do to enable the increased capacity?

Thanks

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    If the SkyDrive account is the same as the Office 365 account, then from what I've been able to find you should contact Office 365 Home Premium support. I think Microsoft has to resolve the issue.

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am not sure if it is the same account. When we set it up, it gave him a default email account, something odd like "hiscompanyname@onmicrosoft.com" and said that was his administrator account (or something like that). Then it asked what email account he wanted to use for his Skydrive account and we entered in his gmail account as the name for the Skydrive. That account is the one I am writing about. I did not think there was a Skydrive account associated with the other account, maybe there is. Is there an administration page of some sort where I can check what accounts there are? I tried to send an email to support a few times yesterday from a link on one of his setup pages, and it said it could not be reached now, to try again later. He is not on Home Premium, it is one of the Business plans.

Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    In the business plans SkyDrive is SkyDrive Pro and is completely different from consumer SkyDrive. See What's the difference between SkyDrive and SkyDrive Pro? for more information.

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe,

Thanks for that info. Apparently SkyDrive Pro is just storage area, not directly related to email, as far as I can tell.

Administrator
    Thanks
    It is what used to be "My Sites" in SharePoint.

Joe