Thread: Drop Box

New Lounger
    Thanks

Drop Box

I'm having difficulties with DB. I want to know if I'm alone, paranoid, doing this to myself.
    I like the concept, but if there are no solutions, I'll have to look elsewhere. So...
    - Certain photo albums / uploads disappear. I'm told 'user error'. Makes sense, but, it's frequent. Uploaded a couple of dozen on 2/7, and discovered them deleted and in DB cache today. Not me.

- On the DB basic page there is a File called "Photos". This has photos from my albums. I didn't ask for, and don't want various photos of mine displayed. If I wanted that, I'd create it. I'd like to get rid of it, but I'm not sure that's possible.

- Today, a 1st, it blocked an upload saying I was maxed out. DB's "Referral Status" section shows I'm using less that 50MB of space out of the 3.75GB in my account. What's with that??

- A few hours ago, sitting at my laptop, a popup alert appeared. It wanted me to know I'd just uploaded some photos. I looked of course. These were old photos, buried in my files. NOT accessed by me at all. How does that happen??
    I suppose I could have a virus, or what ever. I do scan my system routinely, and it comes up clean.

I'd like to use DB for online storage, but not unless I can tell it's secure.

Ideas, et. al., would be quite welcome.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    If photos disappear, it is possible that someone else in your cloud network deleted them. If so, they would delete for all cloud members, since everything is synchronized among all members of your cloud network.

If you are maxed out, perhaps there are more folders than you realize in your cloud network, and another folder contains a lot of data, thereby maxing you out. Check your Dropbox settings to see if this is the case.

If you're going to use Dropbox for online storage, keep in mind that whatever is online is also on your local computer. Therefore, you aren't freeing up any space on your local computer by storing things in your Dropbox online folder(s).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ray,
    If you share your images with someone else who's moving them to his computer, you will not see the images anymore in your DroBox
    Ask the persons with whom you are sharing not to remove the files from their location.

Spammer.
    Thanks
    Trust