Thanks

No Sent folder in IMAP

I just set up an IMAP account in Outlook 2010. I neglected to set the Sent folder option before I sent out an e-mail. The e-mail isn't showing in the Sent folder in the web mail folder.

Did the e-mail get sent? Or do I need to resend it?

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Unless you have some reason to think it would not be sent I'd say yes it was sent. But, you could always ask the recipient.

Joe

Thanks
    Chuck: It's possible that you have a local Sent folder, not a network Sent folder. If this is the case, a sent email wouldn't show up in webmail

New Lounger
    Thanks
    IMAP accounts don't use the general purpose inbox account (.pst file) in Outlook 2010; each IMAP account has its own separate .pst file. Go to your folder list and scroll down until you find the IMAP account. Open this account and look for the sent folder. If you use Gmail for your IMAP account, you will find the sent folder in <account name>/[Gmail]/Sent Mail. Other IMAP mail servers may use a different folder structure.

I set up Shortcuts in my Outlook 2010 and include the folders most important to me from each of my several active .pst files. You can also rename shortcuts without disturbing the underlying folder name - so, for example, you don't have 3 shortcuts all named 'inbox'.
    Jim Johnson
    Michigan&#39;s Lake Superior region
    How much snow do we have now?
    Visit Agate Reef