5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ActiveDocument.Permission

In Word 2010, I want to determine whether Restrictions have been set on the active document. I'm using the following code:

Code:
        If ActiveDocument.Permission.Enabled = True Then
            MsgBox "Permission Enabled"
        End If
    An error is raised because of invalid use of the Permission object. The Microsoft website says: "Use the Enabled property to determine whether a document has restricted permissions." The site also says: "Use of the Permission object raises an error when the Windows Rights Management client is not installed."

I don't have the Windows Rights Management client installed, but I am able to use the Restrict Editing task pane to restrict editing. After restricting editing, what property must I use in VBA to determine whether or not permission has been enabled?

Thanks.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try
    ActiveDocument.ProtectionType
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That was where I headed first, but there are options for allowing only comments, form fields, reading, revision. What about Formatting Restrictions? I suppose my best option is protection type <> no protection.