Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LBruceGray View Post
    Hi! What I need is a guide to switching from Office 2007 into the current version. I'm =still= trying to figure out where some of the commands I use most might have gone...
    All user settings, macros etc in 2007 are contained in Normal.dotm - the normal template. So the key is to bring that across into 2013 or 365. There are two ways to do this - one easy, one less so. The easy way is rename Normal.dotm (or dotx) in Word 2013 to Normal.old (or whatever) then copy your Normal.dotm into the same folder. Word 2013 should then include all your settings.

The more difficult but MS approved way which will definitely work is at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2790616#appliesto
    This works if 2013 has not yet been installed, and will require you to create one or two registry keys

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rje49 View Post
    How about using Windows Live Mail; you can then have all 6 of your email accounts right in front of you. I use it for my 3 email accounts with no problems. You can import all previous emails, too.
    What extra accounts? If it can do gmail (which I use the most) and Yahoo (which I use just for the groups) and, of course, Hotmail/Outlook then I want to make a switch...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My wife is an expert at Word, so she showed me how to export the ribbon from Word 2003 and import it to 2010. I saved it and import it to all my computers including my work computer. I wish I could get Excel to accept it but it won't. Eventually she will clean it up for me. I can do it, but it is much easier for her.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miztrniceguy View Post
    My wife is an expert at Word, so she showed me how to export the ribbon from Word 2003 and import it to 2010. I saved it and import it to all my computers including my work computer. I wish I could get Excel to accept it but it won't. Eventually she will clean it up for me. I can do it, but it is much easier for her.
    The ribbon was introduced with Office 2007.

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    The ribbon was introduced with Office 2007.

Joe
    ribbon shmibbon...whatever you want to call it. The top of my Word 2010 is a nice clean row of icons.

Screenshot 2014-02-28 19.49.00.png

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am new here and just saw this thread. I didn't see this mentioned so pardon me, Office 2003 support will be dropped by Microsoft on April 8, same time as for WinXP. I wanted to keep FrontPage 2003 but was required to uninstall it when I moved up to the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    I am new here and just saw this thread. I didn't see this mentioned so pardon me, Office 2003 support will be dropped by Microsoft on April 8, same time as for WinXP. I wanted to keep FrontPage 2003 but was required to uninstall it when I moved up to the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office.
    You can not have both a 32-bit Office product and a 64-bit Office product installed at the same time.

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yep, that's what I said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12