Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Star Lounger
    Thanks

CCleaner Registry

I ran 'MWB' scan on each user account.......Results are the same....6 items reported---
    ----------
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2014.02.16.02

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 x86 NTFS
    Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
    Carol :: BIRL-PC [administrator]

2/16/2014 7:01:39 AM
    MBAM-log-2014-02-16 (07-12-20).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
    Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
    Scan options disabled: P2P
    Objects scanned: 234437
    Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 8 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 1
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext \PreApproved\{1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47a3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} (PUP.Optional.FunWebProducts.A) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 5
    C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\Installr (PUP.Optional.FunWebProducts.A) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\Installr\1.bin (PUP.Optional.FunWebProducts.A) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\Installr\1.bin\chrome (PUP.Optional.FunWebProducts.A) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\Installr\2.bin (PUP.Optional.FunWebProducts.A) -> No action taken.
    C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\Installr\2.bin\chrome (PUP.Optional.FunWebProducts.A) -> No action taken.

Files Detected: 0

(end)
    ---------

Will wait for further instructions.....***No rush--- I may have to log off soon (back on tomorrow morn).....

For future reference, can I limit scan using just 1 user account....???

Thank you .....

Thanks
    The FunWebProducts registry entries are in common areas to all profiles, removing them from within one profile should also remove them from all others.

I would first try to track down and uninstall the software via (Add/Remove) Programs in Control Panel, once done, reboot and then scan again for remnants, CCleaner should be enough: http://www.funwebproducts.com/uninstall.html

Thanks
    When you ran Malwarebytes, did you place a check next to all the items it found and click on delete?

Jerry

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

bassfisher6522 (2014-02-16)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Satrow....No indication of FunWebProducts in either Control Panel (Add/Remove) programs or CCleaner list of programs....Guess I'll have to use the uninstall link you provided.....Will report back if further questions/problems......Thanks again for all your help...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi jwitalka.....No---I didn't delete anything.....I ran the scan and reported findings in this thread for further instructions.....
    H/P Pavilion a6400f / Pent Dual Core / Win Vista-SP2 / IE 9 / Chrome / OFFICE 2007 / AVG2014 (Free) / MalwareBytes / Windows Firewall / Verizon DSL / E-mail AOL9.7 / Printer H/P OfficeJet 6700 All In One / Canon SX160 Camera / CCleaner2014 (Free)

Thanks
    Then rerun Malwarebytes, check everything it finds, click on delete to remove the infection.

Jerry

Thanks
    There's no infection, Jerry, just a leftover in the Registry and some empty folders.

Thanks
    You're right Andy. It still would be a good idea to clean it up to prevent it from showing on future Malwarebytes scans even though it shouldn't affect PC performance.

Jerry

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Satrow and jwitalka.....I think you're saying---I don't have to D/L and run the FunWeb Un-installer from the link you (Satrow) provided....Right....???.....The only thing I need to do is (after running a new MWB scan)---- have MWB remove the items.....Right....???

Please clarify....Thank you

Thanks
    Yes, it looks like the items (empty folders: C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\Installr * and Registry entry: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext \PreApproved\{1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47a3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} ) can be safely removed manually or via MBAM, without leaving anything behind.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

VWDRV1 (2014-02-19)

Thanks
    Agreed.

Jerry

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

VWDRV1 (2014-02-19)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ran new MWB scan....Removed (quarantined) all 6 items......Thank you very much for helping me with all this....I very much appreciate it...

Thanks
    No worries, you did a good safe cleanup.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi
    To remove unwanted programs etc. I use a tool like IObit uninstaller.
    It can scan the registry for leftfovers the normal uninstall programs don't remove.
    Gunnar

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GunnarH For This Useful Post:

VWDRV1 (2014-02-21)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I can only endorse what Clint says about not messing in the Registry unless you really know what you’re doing. Otherwise you will most likely cause many more problems than you solve.

Although CCleaner is one of the few clean-up tools I recommend and even though its Registry backups usually do work, that will only apply if you actually managed to get the system started again!

If you must dabble with the Registry cleaning section of CC never tick the box for ‘Missing/Shared DLLs’ as removing DLLs that are supposedly no longer required is a classic way to throw a spanner in the works. Other sections to beware of are: Unused file extensions, ActiveX and class issues, Type libraries, Fonts. For those who are brave enough to proceed with the other sections, it is best to only tick one box at a time (to reduce the number of ‘problems’ found by the scan) and then only tick to remove entries found for programs you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN have been previously uninstalled.

A far better way to keep your Registry, and application data folders, shipshape is to do your uninstalling with the free version of Revo Uninstaller – but it’s important to only set it on ‘Moderate’. Sadly, the free version of Revo only works on 32bit programs but it’s much better than just using the manufacturer’s un-installer – you’ll find uninstalling something like McAfee or AVG with Revo a bit of an eye-opener!

Remember the Golden Rule: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Cheers, Chris
    Industrial electrical engineer, running a system building/repair business in Cornwall, UK, for the last 14 years.

Built my first computer in 1978 - in the days when you had to hand-solder in all the components!
    Until Windows 8, I thought we were still moving forwards!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Cooper For This Useful Post:

VWDRV1 (2014-02-21)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast