Thanks

Always open on top

There are several utilities out there that can make a windows program stay on top, but how do I set Windows 7 to have whatever program I start always start out on top? Then if I want to keep it there, one of the many utilities would be fine.

But first, get any program or window I start up to grab focus and come up on top? Several programs seem to be opening in the background for me...very annoying.

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    Here's your answer:

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_get_a_wi...maximized.html

Basically, you set the properties of a shortcut to always open its program maximized. If you want a program to open that way when you start Windows, you will need to make sure that the properties on the icon that you have put into the Start Up folder are set this way.

In fact, you could create a shortcut for each way that you want a program to open, and use the correct shortcut as desired.

The author cautions that some programs override the short cut settings; for those programs, you will have to adjust the settings in the program itself.

Thanks
    Thanks Jim, I'll give it a look. I dig that maximized is different than on top, but it's a step in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"