Hi,

I am new here and would like to get some help with the following problem:

After a Windows update (Windows 7 64-bit) I couldn't start the program (its a 32-bit Software) any more. When I try to start the program, I get the following message: "There is no database open (DAO.DbEngine - error number 3633: DLL 'MSJET4x.DLL') ca not be loaded." (My translation from original german report.)

I tried system-recovery back to a day when the program did start without problems - no success

I de- and reinstalled the program- no success

I did full scan with antivirus- and anti-malware-programs - no malware found

I did run chkdsk - the tool found mistakes and repaired them - but no success in regard to start the program

I tried to new-registrate the file "msjet40.dll"
regsvr32 C:\Windows\sysWOW64\msjet40.dll - no success
I tried this also from the prompt in safe mode, changing a) to c:\windows\system32 and b) to c:\windows\syswow64 to get both versions of "regsvr32.exe" to work - no success
Problem report is always: "The modul 'C:\Windows\sysWOW64\msjet40.dll' is possibly not compatible with the windows version, that you want to execute. Check if the module is compatible with a x86-Version (32-Bit) or x64-Version (64-Bit) of 'regsvr.exe'." (My translation from original german report.)

I did run "sfc /scannow" from the prompt in safe mode. Tool worked and told me later, that it
a) found some damaged files
and
b) could not repair some of these files
no success in regard to start the program

I would appreciate some help to solve the problem.

George